Marine Basic First Aid
Duration: 6.5-8 hours
Student Max: 18
This course includes First Aid & CPR Guidelines 2015 and meets OHS regulations for Basic First Aid. Overview of First Aid & CPR techniques with scenarios taken from the marine/fishing industry for individuals who need basic training in First Aid & CPR for the marine industry. The course develops skills needed to recognize and respond to cardiovascular emergencies for adults, CPR Level A, and other topics including choking, airway emergencies, breathing emergencies and the prevention of disease transmission.
About this Course:1. CPR Guidelines 2015.
2. AED (Automated External Defibrillation)
3. Conducted by a certified First Aid
4. No prerequisite or pre-course assignment is required
5. 3-year certification. After 3 years, recommend that the course be retaken.
6. Flexible scheduling options
7. CPR Level A
Who should attend:1. Any employee or those pursuing employment in the marine industry.
No pre-requisite or pre-course assignment is required.
Minimum course content:1. Assessment of needs of people and threats to own safety
2. Appreciation of body structure and function
3. Understanding immediate measures to be taken in cases of emergency
4. Apply resuscitation techniques
5. Control bleeding
6. Apply appropriate measures of basic shock management
7. Apply appropriate measures in the event of burns, scalds,
and incidents caused by electrical current
8. Rescue and transport a person
9. Improvise bandages and use materials in emergency kit
Take-home material:1. CPR/AED Manual
2. Certification card