Emergency Child Care First Aid
Duration: 8 hours
Student Max: 18
This course provides an overview of First Aid & CPR techniques taught in an interactive environment, for individuals who care for babies or children at home. It covers skills needed to recognize, prevent and respond to cardiovascular emergencies for adults, children, and babies, CPR Level B. Other topics covered include: choking emergencies, airway emergencies, breathing emergencies and the prevention of disease transmission.
About this Course:
1. CPR Guidelines 2015.
2. AED (Automated External Defibrillation)
3. Conducted by a certified First Aid
4. No prerequisite or pre-course assignment is required
5. 3-year certification. After 3 years, recommend that the course be retaken.
6. 8-hour course with flexible scheduling options
7. Includes Level B CPR (families, parents, general public, and child care professionals)
1. How to respond to emergencies
2. The EMS system
3. Key principles in First Aid
4. How to deal with:
Breathing & Circulation Emergencies
5. First Aid for:
Respiratory &Cardiac Arrest
Head & Spine Injuries
Bone, Muscle & Joint Injuries
6. Wound Care
7. How to deal with sudden medical conditions and environmental emergencies
8. First aid for poisons
9. How to keep children safe
10. All topics are covered in-depth in the Standard Child Care First Aid & CPR course.
1. CPR/AED Manual
2. Certification card